Main Objectives and Target:
The Gas Foodservice Equipment Network (GFEN) is a Consortium of utilities, foodservice equipment manufacturers, gas industry associations and foodservice trade allies organized to be a source of gas solutions for the commercial foodservice segment. This consortium has annual dues and recurring expenses.
Product Evaluation Facilities
Various gas utilities have set up facilities around the country where national chains and local operators may go to test and evaluate a wide variety of equipment with their customized menu items. This affords a great opportunity to check out current equipment, see how it stacks up against competitive brands and evaluate the type of energy used, gas or electric.
For more information visit the GFEN website at www.gfen.com.
• Comprehensive Foodservice Market Analysis, (225 Corp Chefs and industry people interviewed).
• Equipment Demand Study (1000+ pieces of Gas cooking technologies)
Continuous Deliverables: (Annual deliverables)
NOTE: Montly Articles, Case Studies and Newsletter Articles are posted on the public GFEN site at www.gfen.com
• Write an article a month that is shared with members and published in Cooking for Profit magazine, reaching 60,000 readers each month.
• Continuously maintain and Update and extensive gas foodservice equipment web site.
• Mail Cooking for Profit magazine to appox. 300 High level NAs and trade allies.
• GFEN produces new case studies on customer installations.
• Award ‘Blue Flame Product of the Year’ award for an innovative technology each year.
• Produce quarterly E-Newsletter.
• Green restaurant Certification Study
• Created a gas foodservice video
• Create new guides and/or write up technology demonstrations
• Attend and meet at NRA and NAFEM shows.
Web Site and Public information:
Electronic copies of the various deliverables produced by this consortium can be located on the ESC members only area or on the public web site.